Our last 2018 course has run.
Our AGM is set for 2pm 4th November at The McLintock Hall.
Are you looking for a gift that's a little different?
How about an Intro to Walling Gift Voucher? We will have 3 training sessions next year (the recipient can choose their weekend).
We will update next years training dates later on this year - on the Training Page.
Latest Association documents
West of Scotland Dry Stone Walling Association
AGM Minutes 2017
All Material Copyright
(c) 2018 WSDSWA
Scottish Charity No SC039439
West Of Scotland Dry Stone Walling Association (WSDSWA) is a charity, registered in Scotland.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at WSDSWA, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
WSDSWA uses your personal data:
- to provide a membership service to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us on the on-line store;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about membership activities;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
WSDSWA uses your personal data for managing your membership and letting you know about our events (like the annual dinner, the AGM and community and training events).
We use manual mailing lists from our website provider to ensure we keep your correct email address safely.
You have the right to opt out of receiving these communications at any time, by contacting WSDSWA via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Sharing data with other organisations
WSDSWA will not disclose your personal data to any other organisation, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to others for marketing purposes. We are Wallers - and aren’t interested in doing anything like that.
We do use PayPal to collect donations and process payments on the website, but we don’t pass them any direct information. If you pay using PayPal, you will be entering payment information on their website - not ours.
We may share your data with:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. The longest we will normally hold any personal data is 1 year after you have taken a introduction course or been an active paid-up member.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
WSDSWA may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details: postal address, phone number and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders (or donations) made by you (on the website);
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our website.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
WSDSWA is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- password protection on our website, email lists and IT equipment;
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for those who maintain our data.
What you can do to help protect your data
WSDSWA will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from WSDSWA asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session where you used a password.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to WSDSWA and more generally:
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
For the avoidence of doubt, if you wish to be removed from our email list, then please send an email to the Data Protection Officer email address below and we will remove you from the list - we realise that walling emails are not for everyone all the time!
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
WSDSWA has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our members (and others) and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how WSDSWA uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail: email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.